About This Course
In the Data modernization workshop, you will learn how to develop a plan for migrating on-premises VMs and SQL Server databases into a combination of IaaS and PaaS services in Azure. In this hands-on lab, you implement a proof-of-concept (POC) for migrating an on-premises SQL Server 2008 R2 database into Azure SQL Managed Instance (SQL MI). You perform assessments to reveal any feature parity and compatibility issues between the on-premises SQL Server 2008 R2 database and Azure’s managed database offerings. Then you will migrate the customer’s on-premises gamer information web application and database into Azure, with minimal downtime. Finally, you enable some of the advanced SQL features in SQL MI to improve security and performance in the customer’s application.
Modules for Data Modernization workshop included:
Data modernization Hands-on Labs – [8 HRS]
- Exercise 1: Perform database assessments
- Exercise 2: Migrate the database to SQL MI
- Exercise 3: Update the web application to use the new SQL MI database
- Exercise 4: Integrate App Service with the virtual network
- Exercise 5: Improve database security posture with Data Discovery and Classification and Azure Defender for SQL
- Exercise 6: Enable Dynamic Data Masking
The lab environment is available for the specified duration and will be required to complete the labs within the mentioned time. The lab environment can only be activated once.
This course doesn’t have any technical pre-requisite. This course primarily uses the Azure portal to create services and does not require scripting skills.