About This Course
In this hands-on-lab, you will use the command line extensively. The idea is to get coding very quickly and play with the platform. You will be creating an Azure Spring Apps instance using Azure CLI. You will be building a simple Spring boot microservice using Spring Cloud features, Cosmos DB, and MySQL. You will be configuring Log Analytics for Accessing Spring Boot applications logs to understand common issues and configuring Spring Apps Config server where you can inject configuration from a Git repository into your application. Building a Spring Cloud Gateway to route HTTP requests to the correct Spring Boot microservices. Using Azure Monitor, you can monitor your services with Azure Spring App’s distributed tracing mechanism and scale your services depending on your needs. You will be Configuring a Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment platform using GitHub Actions, so your Spring Boot microservices are automatically deployed. Finally, you will be creating a microservice that talks to other microservices. After completing hands-on-lab, you should have a good understanding of everything that Azure Spring Apps offers.
Modernize Java Apps workshop Included:
- Exercise 1 – Create an Azure Spring Apps instance
- Exercise 2 – Build a simple Spring Boot microservice
- Exercise 3 – Configure application logs
- Exercise 4 – Configure a Spring Apps Config server
- Exercise 5 – Build a Spring Boot microservice using Spring Apps features
- Exercise 6 – Build a reactive Spring Boot microservice using Cosmos DB
- Exercise 7 – Build a Spring Boot microservice using MySQL
- Exercise 8 – Build a Spring Cloud Gateway
- Exercise 9 – Putting it all together, a complete microservice stack
- Exercise 10 – Blue/Green deployment
- Exercise 11 – Configure CI/CD
- Exercise 12 – Making Microservices Talk to Each Other
Modernize Java Apps Hands-on Lab is available for the specified duration and can only be activated once. Lab once launched cannot be paused in between or retaken.
This course doesn’t have any technical pre-requisite. This course primarily uses the Azure portal to create services and does not require scripting skills.